Using LINUX Cloud Instance
If off campus or otherwise not connected to the OSU network connect through VPN.
To use the VPN:
- Log into https://osuvpn.okstate.edu/ with your OKEY credentials
- Install the Cisco AnyConnect client
- Open AnyConnect client and connect to osuvpn.okstate.edu
- Once logged into AnyConnect and VPN connection established access to the cloud available
To log into system:
You can connect to the Linux cloud VMs by using secure shell (ssh).
Log in with your OKEY (short name) username and password.
Save all important files under either "/data/users/okey_short_username" or "/data/groups/groupname
**NOTE**Do not save important files in the home folder, the Desktop, or anywhere else outside of “/data/users”
scp - Use an scp program to copy files to the VM. The path to your private storage space on the cloud VMs will be “/data/users/okey_short_username”.
Example (pscp): pscp -scp some_local_file okey_short_username@vm:/data/users/okey_short_username/
- GLOBUS (Use this option for large files/datasets.) Step by Step instructions located HERE.
NEED HELP? email@example.com