Changing Your Password
- Log in to Cowboy using your login user name and current password.
- At the command prompt, type: passwd
You'll be prompted to enter your current password.
- **NOTE**Nothing will appear as you type, this is completely normal.
You'll be prompted to enter a new password.
- Please use strong passwords! An example of a good password would contain a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters. Dictionary words will not be recognized. A password generator website can help provide strong passwords.
You'll be prompted to enter your new password again.
- **NOTE** if the new password does not match the second time, you will get an error message and your password will not change. Please begin the process again by typing passwd.
- If you've forgotten your password, please email email@example.com.
Visit our New User Tutorial for more instructions on the basics of navigating Cowboy.
NEED HELP? firstname.lastname@example.org